INDOMITABLE CITY. INDOMITABLE CLUB.
Sacramento Republic FC is built for Sacramento and built for MLS. We exist to make the Sacramento region into the most inspiring, energetic and rewarding place to live, work and play. We celebrate, and elevate, the people, projects and places that provide Sacramento its soul and swagger.
Our motto is urbs indomita – Indomitable City. Indomitable Club. The club’s commitment to position Sacramento as an “indomitable city” is evident through its community investments and efforts to procure an MLS franchise and soccer-specific stadium in The Railyards.
Founded in 2012, Republic FC played its inaugural season in 2014 and went on to win the 2014 USL Championship. Since our first match, the club has broken nearly every USL record including attendance and corporate partnership sales.
As we look to join MLS, there are several key advantages that speak to the strength and viability of our market:
USL MARKET PERFORMANCE
Since its inception, Sacramento Republic FC has led every major USL sales category in record-breaking fashion.
Sacramento is the largest metropolitan area in the United States with only one major professional sports team.
· Sacramento would join Portland, Columbus, Salt Lake City and Orlando as the MLS cities with the fewest
number of competing pro sports teams and venues
· NBA and MLS regular season have minimal overlap (October-April vs. March-October)
Sacramento has historically demonstrated tremendously strong support for local teams in terms of fan loyalty and spending.
· Kings: #1 in NBA in sellouts 1985-2008 with two of longest sellout streaks in NBA history
· River Cats: #1 in total attendance among all MiLB teams ten times between 2000-2010
· Sacramento Republic FC: >25% of total USL fan attendance
· Average resident spends approximately $182 per household - would be fourth highest among U.S.-based MLS markets
YOUNG AND DIVERSE POPULATION
Sacramento is a young and diverse market with increasing appeal among millennials.
· 49% of population under 35
· 150,000+ students at local colleges and universities
· 48% of residents identify as Latino, Asian and/or African-American
GROWING DOWNTOWN AND REGION
Both downtown and the region as a whole are on a promising upward trend.
· Sacramento region growing faster than national average (5% vs 3.5%)
· >$1.3B in new development planned or under construction
Sacramento Republic FC Headquarters,
2421 17th Street, Suite 100, Sacramento CA 95818
Phone: (916) 307-6100 - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org